1 head lettuce
1 cup cashews
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup Wesson oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon grated onion
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Combine the first four ingredients. Just before serving, add dressing to taste and toss.
For the dressing, combine sugar, vinegar, mustard, onion, and poppy seeds. Slowly add oil, beating constantly until thick.
*Thanks, mom, for sharing this recipe from our Lourens family cookbook! The dressing sounds wonderful - I bet that's why dad likes it so much!! I made this with dinner last night and it was the FIRST thing that Jake ate off of his plate... and he went for seconds! :)
1 cup cashews
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup Wesson oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon grated onion
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Combine the first four ingredients. Just before serving, add dressing to taste and toss.
For the dressing, combine sugar, vinegar, mustard, onion, and poppy seeds. Slowly add oil, beating constantly until thick.
*Thanks, mom, for sharing this recipe from our Lourens family cookbook! The dressing sounds wonderful - I bet that's why dad likes it so much!! I made this with dinner last night and it was the FIRST thing that Jake ate off of his plate... and he went for seconds! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment