1 Jar of Pepperoncini's
1-2 packets of Good Season's Italian Dressing Mix (the powder)
Hoagie Buns
Butter (optional)
Sliced Cheese (Pepper Jack)
Trim roast if necessary (some fat makes good flavor) and dump first 3 ingredients into crockpot until the roast just pulls apart easily with a fork. I would put everything in that order so the juice from the jar of peppers doesn't take the powdery dressing mix off of the roast. In my crockpot I usually do it on Low for about 5 or 6 hours.
Then, assemble sanwiches. I like to put butter on the hoagies and broil them for a minute or two to make them crispy. Otherwise the meat might make them soggy. Add cheese and beef.
**For the roast, I always get whatever is cheapest or on sale. And I usually make it for just 2 and it makes a ton, so invite another couple over.
**For the jar of pepperoncini's I like to get the ones that are already deli sliced... less mess and more flavor.
Thanks to Emily Grover and family for sharing this recipe with us! I just happen to have a roast in my freezer and now I know what to use it for. Thanks, girlfriend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment